Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Grandma Ruth - 1914 - 2015

I just heard the news that my Grandma Ruth passed away last night, after living on this earth for 100 years and eight months. She had dementia in the last few years, so I truly believe she is in a better place now, but it's hard not to be a little sad. Ruth was my last living grandparent, so I guess her passing is a reminder that I am getting older as well. It's also a reminder that I need to cherish my family and especially my parents who are getting older. I even called my dad today just to tell him I love him. We don't really talk anymore but I just had to tell him that I love him. There isn't much more I want to write, but I just had to get it out in words that I loved my grandma very much, and I was and will always be proud that I'm related to her. She was a strong woman and a fiercely independent soul who loved to read and travel. I'll miss her always, and I'll love her always. I will see you again soon enough, grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment