Monday, December 2, 2013

I've been dipping my toes in the water for years and have decided that in 2014 I'm jumping in (feet first, Owen). My true passions in this life are music and art, and so I'm dedicating a year of my life to travel the world and focus on these endeavors. Here's the plan...
New Years Eve: One way flight to Cartagena, Colombia, where I'll spend New Years with Oliver and a a buddy of his. I'm not sure how long I'll stay here but will just see how it goes.

January-March: Travel through South America, with the hope to see Santiago, Buenos Aires, Punta del Este, southern Brazil, and Rio.

April-June: Fly into Vienna and travel throughout Europe with the hope to see Budapest, Prague, Italy, south of France, Barcelona, Lisbon, and Morocco.

July-October: I've never owned a car. I'm going to come back to Chicago and buy my first car, loading it with my drums, paints, bike, and a tent, and head out across the country. I want to take my time and visit with all the people I love, so please let me know if I can include you on my route. The plan is to drive from Chicago to Maine, then down the east coast to Florida, then over the southern states to New Mexico, where I'll drive up the Rockies to Idaho. After Idaho Buda will meet me in Seattle where No Goodbye will set off on a west coast tour: Seattle, Portland, SF, and LA!!

November-December: Fly to Saudi Arabia to live with my sister Stasha and visit the middle east: Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Oman, and Jordan. My biggest hope is that I can spend some time with Bedouins and go hunting with falcons in the desert.

So that's it - I'm letting everyone know about this because it's a huge step for me, and one which I hope to bring much growth and spirituality into the next year of my life. Please let me know if you have friends I can visit along my travels (including a place to stay:), and any advice and tips are more than welcome.

Thanks in advance for any words of encouragement, and I hope to see many of you in my travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment