Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Cartagena!!

After getting to the airport in Chicago (big ups to Dr Lisa!!! who gave me a ride because Rick Brock Jr backed out last minute) and having the ticket guy tell me that I can't fly to South America on a one-way ticket, my heart pretty much sank thinking I might have to delay my trip…but I bought a cheap return flight ($150) and will cancel it today and just keep rocking out in S America. Crisis averted, but wow that was a buzz kill at first. Flight was SIMPLE - 2.5 hours to Ft Lauderdale and then another 2.5 hours to Cartagena. Jumped a cab with a 55 year old guy who is from Cartagena but lived in Chicago and LA (Rickey!) for years, so he helped me get to my friend Oliver's hotel where I'm staying my first night. A smooooove landing in my new life. Here's some sickass pics from the plane. Spent most of today walking the Old City - so beautiful. Techno music already blaring out my door now though so time to put on my top hat (yes, I flew with it on my lap) and make this trip happen…

Coming into Cartagena!!







No comments:

Post a Comment