Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Charlotte = Shar-Lott

Woke up yesterday to the sound of Jack and a friend of his playing around the house. His babysitter then took him to a golfing lesson and then the house was all mine for a few hours. I made a few egg, cheese, and bacon sandwiches and then relaxed for a bit (and wrote). After that I did some laundry and took my drums and my bicycle out of the car. I'm going to setup my drums in the basement here and play this week, and I'll definitely be going for a few bike rides while I'm here as well. I am outside getting the last of my drums out when Ashley and the two kids pull up. Jack was at golf practice and Addie was out at day camp, where she is staring in the play Frankenstein. So fun. Hugs. Smiles. We all head into the house and unload the tons of groceries that Ashley has brought with her, and then the kids take turns reading from their favorite books. So cute. After that we watch Scooby Doo and I snooze in the middle of the movie. I'm still tired from my week in NYC, as expected. After Scooby I head out into the backyard to play P.I.G on Jack's little basketball hoop. I win most of the games but he wins the last one. Dan (Ashley's husband) comes home from work and makes us some G&T's and we sit outside for an amazing chicken, potatoes, and broccoli dinner. The setting up here is absolutely heavenly, as you can see from the pictures below. I really think I could come back here after my year and live for a bit…if not for a very long time. After dinner I hand with the kids while they brush their teeth and get into bed. Kiss them both goodnight and then come down and talk with Dan and Ashley for bit. Our conversation roams from family to travel to work to life to love. Always great talking with Ashley and Dan. They really are my role models for a healthy and happy relationship. I only hope I can have such a beautiful marriage when I settle down. Definitely feel like it's going to happen soon…

Today I got up a littler earlier than yesterday. I again made egg, bacon, and cheese sandwiches, and then Jack and his babysitter came home from playing tennis, so I hung out with them while Jack cooled off and had some lunch. Jack is already gone and on his way to his golf lesson, and then directly after that he's going to hockey practice. This kid never stops!! Love it. I'm going to go get my camera fixed today because it hasn't been working, and then maybe a bike ride before meeting up with Jack for his hockey practice. Tonight I think we're going out on Dan and Ashley's boat, which I'm VERY excited about. I love being out on the water. Going to be a great day!! 

Oh - and the title of this blog is called Charlotte because that's the town where my cousins live. But the funny part is that you don't pronounce it like it looks. You pronounce it Shar-Lott. Yes, obnoxious, but kinda funny too. Anyway, figured I would share...

Jack and Addie reading in the afternoon
Lunch outside on the deck (notice the background:)
Addie - such an adorable character
Jack cooling off after tennis and before golf and hockey later today...

No comments:

Post a Comment