Monday, July 14, 2014

Pictures: Lawrence Kansas, Kansas City, St Louis, Akron Ohio, Princeton NJ

It's been very tough to find working wifi and time enough to write and upload pics over the last few days. Frustrating for me not to write about things as they are happening, but I have time now as I'm here at my mom's house in Princeton, NJ. As before, I will include pictures in this post and then write about the last few stops of my trip in the next post. Hope this format works :)

Happy Monday!!!

Great graffiti in Des Moines



Daniel - my amazing host in Lawrence, Kansas, as well as Cee's childhood friend Kellyn! So fun. 
Taken on my bike ride in Lawrence, Kansas. I timed this up so the train with the US flag was just going bye :)
From my bike ride in Lawrence, Kansas
The levee in Lawrence, Kansas

Seen in the park just next to Daniel and Janice's house in Lawrence, Kansas
WW1 Monument in Kansas City - very moving.


Inside the WW1 museum 




In the basement of Anton's BBQ - never ate there but I will have to come back and enjoy it!! 
Anton's grows its own food in the basement - so cool

The best BBQ in Kansas City - Oklahoma Joes!!  This is Lauren - a friend I've made through my other friend Stephanie. Such good people :)
Yes, the best BBQ in KC is attached to a gas station. CLASSIC
Jazz Kitchen - a good stop for a drink after dinner and some blues.  
Jazz Kitchen had a bunch of oyster shells laid out in front - created a great effect. 
My lunch spot in KC the day I left for St Louis. Amazing Mexican!! 
The largest water slide in the US opened the day I was driving past. Too bad you had to buy tickets and it was all booked the day I tried to get in :( 
Me and Big Jim in our insanely great seats at Cardinal's Stadium in St Louis. 

World Chess Hall of Fame in St Louis - sure, why not!
Picture taken during my bike ride through Forest Park in St Louis. 
Andi and Mitch Ehrenberg, at our dinner at Brio in Akron, Ohio. Such great people - was a fun dinner.
After dinner in Akron we ran into my friend Michael's sister's father-in-law. Such a good guy and I LOVED his shirt. 
Taken from my car ride out of Akron and onto NJ!
Seeing my great friend Maggie in Princeton, NJ before she flew back to Chicago.
My famous omelette for breakfast here in Princeton NJ today :) 
Not the first time I've made breakfast...
Nothing beats having breakfast with my mom. Oh wait - hanging out with her for three days beats that big time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment