Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Outdone by a 6-Year Old

I'd like to think I have higher-than-average energy. In fact, I've been told that my energy level is much  higher than average, so when I was completely shown up by my six-year-old godson Jack yesterday, it's safe to say I was taken aback.  In the morning Jack's babysitter comes to get him around 9am and they go play tennis on the public courts downtown. Then after tennis, the baby-sitter brings Jack back home where he eats a quick lunch and then heads off to golf lessons at a local course nearby. After three hours of golf, he's back home for a quick snack and then shuffled off to hockey practice. Straight from hockey we drive down to the boat docks in Burlington and get on my cousins boat for an evening cruise and pizza party on the boat. Yes, another pizza party…this one even more random and fun than the recent one I had in Central Park. I love boat time with my cousins and their kids. Everyone smiling. Wind blowing in our faces. Beautiful mountains surrounding Lake Champlain. Swimming. Water gun fights. Frisbee off the back of the boat. Such perfect family time. I took some pictures below - hope you enjoy. Luckily I was also able to have some one-on-one time with Addie (Jack's older sister) during the day yesterday, at which point I setup my drums in the basement here and we rocked out. Addie was actually really good!! So fun.

After dinner on the boat we came back home and the kids hit the hay. We adults pass out relatively quickly after the kids too. I have to say, it's nice being on an earlier-to-rise and earlier-to-sleep schedule here. Today I woke up and hung out with Jack before taking him to his golf lesson. Wow - this kid really hits the ball well. The teacher kept calling Jack a natural hitter. So cool. I'm going to go pick him up around 3pm from his lesson and then Jack and Addie have two little friends coming over for their first ever slumber party. Classic. Should be a loud and crazy night, and I'm sure my drums will get a lot of play time as well. Gonna be a good night :)


Jack eating a quick lunch after tennis and before golf. He was sweating so much that he needed a shirtless lunch to cool off. 
Jack's hockey practice - absolute comedy





Out on a dinner-time boat ride on Lake Champlain 









Love this pic





After dropping Jack off at golf today I stayed to watch some of his warm up. This kid is a natural!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment