Saturday, March 1, 2014

CARNIVAL

Sorry for being MIA lately but I went from Iguazu to Rio on Tuesday and Wednesday and then it's been insane here with Carnival. Spent my first day full day (Thurs) sitting on Ipanema beach just lounging, but yesterday saw some sites (Sugarloaf and Santa Theresa) before getting swept into the chaos of the bloc parties...which took me till 4am. Up now at 8am cause I'm in a room full of 18-21 year olds. Met some great locals yesterday including one of the craziest guys on my trip (real estate guy who wouldn't stop yelling in the restaurant and laughing louder than anyone I've heard). Found a great dude named David from Norway and we took the town by storm yesterday - same plan for today, including a soccer match! Bought tix to the big Samba parade for tomorrow (Sunday) and cannot wait!! No pics cause my computer is still out of commission, but I will keep the phone updates coming :) Also, met back up with my British friends Malcolm and Lucy, who I met on the Inka trail but we also hung in Buenos Aires and again in Iguazu. So fun - great couple!!

Also - classic Roman move at the airport in Iguazu on Wednesday when I was flying here to Rio. Tried to check in and the person at the counter had no info about me, so I checked my receipt and noticed that I booked a one way ticket on MARCH 26 and not FEBRUARY 26. Claaaasic. Had to throw done $425 extra to get the right flight...that hurt but I laughed my ass off. Oh well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment