Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Lagoa da Conceicao

Yesterday I joined the Israelis in going to the next big town over from Barra da Lagoa: Lagoa da Conceicao. This is known more as the place to go for nightlife on the island, so I was curious to check it out. We took a bus from our little beach town and about 15 minutes later, including a very steep incline and then decline with a fast bus driver, we got out at a spot overlooking the lagoon near the town. I was following the other guys at this point so I just jumped off the bus too, but when I asked them why they got off before the town they said they thought this was it. Ha. So we walked along the lagoon for about 20 minutes until we got to the town. The views and the lagoon are absolutely beautiful, and I took good pics with my nice camera, but unfort you'll have to wait for that. So we get into town and walk around a bit before Shahaf splits off to go kite boarding. The lagoon we are in is very popular with kites because the water is shallow across the entire lagoon and its a great place to learn. So we split up and shop for a bit, see some amazing graffiti and then grab one of the best sandwiches I've had during my entire trip. After lunch we meet up with Shahaf who has found a kite to use and so he goes and does that while we go back to the small beach in front of our hostel. Such a beautiful intimate beach, and the waves are the best we've seen yet, so we boogie board for a few hours and then head back to the hostel to have a full on dart tournament. The hostel has a great dart board, complete with US vs Brazil darts. Classic. We hung out and drank and then two of the guys went and got a pizza while I took a nap in the hammock attached to our room. It started raining soon thereafter, and the combo of the rain, the waves, and the lightning and thunder storm is something which I will never forget. Such peace. Such a great place I've found here, including three great guys from Israel to enjoy it with. The rain continued through the night and this morning when I got up it was still pouring so I'm gonna take an overnight bus to São Paulo tonight and get there tomorrow morning. It's another 11 hour ride but I'm planning to get a nicer bus so I think I'll be ok. Very excited about seeing a new city - the biggest of my trip - and meeting back up with the crazy crew I met in Rio last week. Gonna be great. I've researched hostels and there is one in the Vila Madalena neighborhood which gears to artists. They even showcase new local artists every few weeks on their walls, so I'm thinking this could be a perfect way to end my time in South America. I can't believe it's been over two months since I've been gone. Doesn't feel that long. Well sometimes it does but mostly it feels like I am just getting started. 

Seen as its my last day I'm gonna go back to the natural pools and swim and jump off the rock again. It was my fav part about this trip so why not enjoy it again...even if its still overcast and drizzly. 

Hope everyone is having a great morning!!!

Below pic is of me and Aviv - good people. His birthday is today and he just turned 23. Man I can remember that age so vividly.



No comments:

Post a Comment