Monday, November 17, 2014

Black Keys

It's funny - when I was pulling up to see Fr Jerry at the hospital in Ottawa I got a message from Jasmine asking if I wanted to join her to see The Black Keys in Denver on Thursday. Now usually I would have just continued on my way to Chicago, because I was already halfway there, but instead I decided to head back to Denver. Seeing Fr Jerry in such a terrible state reminded me that I need to live life to the fullest, and if heading back to Denver felt right, then that's what I was going to do. So I visited Fr Jerry around 10am on Wednesday morning and then backtracked another 8.5 hours to Denver. As I was getting closer to the city I called in an order for a pizza, but when I showed up to pick it up they had forgotten about my order. The manager at this pizza place then told me that my pizza would be up shortly...and it would be free. Nice! Love when little things like this happen - makes me feel like I'm in the right place at the right time. So I headed back to Justin and Leah's home with my free dinner, and settled in and hung out with the two dogs and cat. Justin and Leah were out when I got home, but they came home shortly thereafter and we had a great conversation before heading to bed. On Thursday morning Justin worked from home because he had a repairman coming to check on the houses insulation. The home they bought was made at the end of the 19th century, so it unfortunately needs a few updates. As Justin and the plumber were sifting through a small crawl space upstairs, they found some very old newspapers which were fun to read through (funny picture below). During the day I read and enjoyed being back in such a loving home, and then in the evening Justin and Leah had to leave for a networking event. 

Jasmine drove 6 hours up from Ridgway for the show. The Black Keys are her all time favorite band, and she was more than happy to make the journey to see them play. It was great seeing her again, and I've also always liked the Black Keys, so it was great to see them play. We had a blast, and part of me wishes there was romance in our time together, but that's just not the case between us. Regardless, we laughed a ton and had a blast meeting people everywhere we stopped before and after the show (not to mention during the show). The next morning Jasmine left around 5am in order to get back to work, and later that morning I made my way towards Chicago. I have absolutely no regrets in coming back to Denver - what a great show and a fun experience! 


Reading The Denver Post from December 29, 1907 - My friend Justin found this in a crawl space in his new home 
My painting hanging in Justin and Leah's guest room 
Justin and Leah before they were heading out for the night
So cute


All the animals in the house posed for me


One of my favorite songs while on the road
Another amazing song

No comments:

Post a Comment