Monday, November 10, 2014

Long Lost Cousin

My grandma Ruth, who is 100 and lives in Las Vegas, grew up in Philadelphia. She was one of three children - two girls and a boy. Her brother's name is Harold, and he has a grandson named Drew, who lives near Boulder Colorado. Drew grew up in Cherry Hill, NJ - relatively close to Philadelphia. He went to Rider University, which is very close to Princeton (where I went to school). He left after his freshman year of college to move to Boulder, Colorado, where he had always wanted to live. He worked some jobs there for a bit before finishing up school, but he already knew his dream. Since Drew was a young man he always wanted to own his own ice cream parlor. He'd worked in many ice cream shops in his youth, and then when he started preparing for his own venture he worked in many of them, including Cold Stone Creamery. Then after many years of preparation and much planning, Drew opened his own ice cream parlor in Louisville, which is a just outside of Boulder, Colorado. The name - Sweet Cow. Since the day he opened the doors, it has been a huge success. Currently Drew and his partner have three stores and they are planning to open another three very soon. He is not only an inspiration to me as I set out on my entrepreneurial journey, but he is an extremely kind, caring, and generous man. I met with him three times while I've been here in Denver, including a morning work meeting at one of his stores. Drew's passion for delivering a quality product within a happy and clean environment is clear to see from his store and his employees. Sweet Cow has become a bit of a Denver/Boulder phenomenon, and everyone I speak to LOVES it. I'm extremely proud of Drew, even though I didn't even know him before this trip to Denver. We had numerous conversations about what it takes to start and succeed in a new business venture. I'm excited to have Drew as a mentor and a sounding board for my business!! This is an incredibly good sign for me, because I'm really feeling like the world is coming together to help me see my vision through to success. More to come on that, but wow what a great weekend here in Denver/Boulder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment