Friday, November 7, 2014

Ouray Poetray

After a great night out with Jasmine and her friends, I took my time getting up on Thursday. Mr O'Leary then invited me to go on a hike in the afternoon in the nearby town of Ouray, which is a little bit more touristy than Ridgway. Ouray is located in this beautiful valley, and we took Hidalgo (Mr. O's dog) and did an hour hike around the valley. So pretty. Perfect temperature. On our hike I learned from Mr. O that the theatre in town was doing an open mic night, so I offered to read one of my poems. Mr. O was all for it, so we finished our hike and met up with Marty for a great Thai dinner in Ridgway before going to the Sherbino Theatre for open mic night. First a professional poet did some readings and then about 13 of us went up and read our own poems. Everyone was extremely great but also very different - from spoken-word to short-and-quick. I read my poem Make Time, which was well received. Always nice to get up and share my passion. After the poetry reading Marty and Mr. O and I went to get a drink next door, and Jasmine met up with us. It was good to see her again, and we all had a bunch of laughs about the crazy story between us. None of us lasted very long, and so after a few drinks we all headed our separate ways. I ended the night in the hot tub with Mr. O, having a great conversation and capping off a perfect trip to his home. 

The next morning I met Jasmine for breakfast and was then on my way. It's still hard to imagine the insane serendipity that occurred between us - so unique. Jasmine is currently in a relationship, so there wasn't any romance between us, but I'm just glad I was able to meet her again and get to know her more. She's a great woman, and I'm looking forward to staying friends with her and always laughing about our story. 

Downtown Ouray





On my hike with Mr O'Leary









No comments:

Post a Comment