Monday, October 13, 2014

Portland for a Night

Vasili and I had a tee time around 1pm at a golf course in Portland called Eastmoreland. We left Seattle around 9am and got down there around 12:30pm, just in time for a quick bite and then off onto more golf. The course was ok, but the layout and the weather were unreal. Fun times. We finished up playing and then checked into a cheap motel before meeting up with Vasili's best friend's brother (Nathan), who is an internationally renowned bar tender. In fact, Nathan won the 2012 most imaginative bartender by GQ Magazine. More important than his awards, however, Nathan was an incredibly nice, kind, and generous guy. We went to a total of six bars in one night in Portland, and most of them were designed so that Nathan could give me ideas for my future endeavor. I'm going to be speaking with him more and more as I continue my concept, which is also in the bar business. After the last bar, which happened to also double as a strip club (normal in the Portland scene), we all called it a night and passed out. A great day in Portland. The weather was perfect. The company was unexpectedly fantastic and fitting for my future. I felt lucky as I passed out on Wednesday night. 

When Vasili and I got up on Thursday we only had plans to drive down through the Willamette Valley, which is Oregon's finest wine country. As we were leaving Portland we saw a vintage car lot, and I just HAD to stop and look at all the beauty and art. There was even a Model T from 1922! So inspiring to see such art and beauty in these cars. We walked around the garage for a bit and then made our way down to wine country...


On the golf course in Portland

Vasili
Vasili in a swinging chair 

















Check out how wide these tires are!








No comments:

Post a Comment