Thursday, October 2, 2014

Snowed In

I woke up around 5:30am to go to the bathroom. Unfortunately this is a normal occurrence, but today it was far from normal. I'm sleeping in my car, so I open the side door and as it slides open I notice that there is at least an inch or two of snow on the ground. It's continuing to snow heavily, and now snow is getting in the car and falling off the roof and into the car as well. Damn. Nice wake-up call. And as you can imagine - it's COLD. Yikes. I make some yellow snow and then close the door and get under my sleeping bag to snooze for about an hour before I got up for the day. I turned on the car and put the heat up as high as possible to warm up. I sat for about an hour and warmed up before packing up my bed and then grabbing my bike, which I put out for the night in order to make room for my bed. As you can imagine, the bike is covered in snow and ice. Fun. I walk to the food storage unit and grab my food and bring it into the car, which is still warming up. Of course I don't have any tools to clean off snow from my car, so I've decided to use my frisbee for this task. Comedy. I'm literally laughing at myself as I'm doing this, but I get it done and eat some breakfast before shoving off. I really wanted to see a glacier while I was in the park, but the trails are now too difficult to walk, so I make my way out of the park and decide I'm going to head to Walla Walla Washington before heading to Seattle on Saturday. There are a few roads closed as I leave the park, so my route back is longer than before, but I don't mind. It's so beautiful outside. Cows and horses are still walking all over the roads, and it's nice to see I'm not the only one out here. I remember seeing a whiskey distillery yesterday, so I stop in and get a few bottles for gifts for people I might stay with in the future. Good people. Solid whiskey. I warm myself up with a quick tasting and then am on my way. I've dropped into a place called Palette Cafe in Colombia Falls, Montana for lunch, and I'm about to shove back off and make my way to Walla Walla. What a trip! I'm sad I didn't get to see more of Glacier, but I'm very lucky I drove Going-To-The-Sun Road yesterday, because it's completely closed today! NICE!! 


My view this morning...

My poor bike was all snowed in...








Whiskey tasting...SURE! Notice how nice it is on this side of the park? Crazy. 





No comments:

Post a Comment