Monday, February 10, 2014

Bike Rides and Graffiti

Remember I mentioned meeting a girl named Jodie, who had been in Buenos Aires for weeks and was just about to leave, so she was giving me her bike? Yeah, so I finally went and got it where she had left it locked up for me. Yes, she not only left me the bike but also a great lock for it as well. It was very hot out today so I went and grabbed the bike and rode to Recoletta to check out some local galleries which I had heard about from Corina (art-woman). Unfortunately the galleries were closed, but I hit up a nice ice cream shop and rode the bike for a few hours. Man I miss riding my bike. I rode through Recoletta and then into the big park here, and you'll see some pics below. On my way close to home I found some graffiti, which by now you know I love. Got back to the hostel and chilled out before going to dinner AGAIN at the steak place right by the hostel - Las Cabras. Man that place is amazing. There were a bunch of new people at the hostel when I got back, due to the constant changeover, and we had some nice new faces at dinner. I sat next to a girl who was American, and apparently from Chicago. She told me she lived in Lincoln Park, not too far from where my old apartment was in Old Town. So we had some laughs about the neighborhood and the cold that we're missing, and at one point I remember asking her where she was actually born and raised. I was shocked to hear that she is from Hinsdale, which is the exact town I'm from. Not only that, but she was from St Isaacs, the same church which I grew up attending. Small world. Hilarious. So dinner was fun and I tried steak (again). But this time after dinner I didn't feel so good so I'm thinking maybe I take it easy on the steak front. I've proven that I can try it and like it (somewhat), so now I can go back to my regular diet of pizza and chicken :) We headed back to the hostel after dinner and took it easy. The younger kids played drinking games, which were fun to watch for a little, but then I was off to bed, old-man-style.

I spoke with Benji today, who's the son of Clara - the woman who is friends with my stepmom. I met Clara at the same time I met Corrine (art-woman), and she is a very nice woman and had invited me to her ranch which is about an hour outside the city. Benji, her son, told me that he's gonna pick me up tomorrow - Sunday - to bring me out for the day. I'm very excited to spend time with locals tomorrow. From what I've heard the ranch is beautiful, and it'll be nice to get out and be in the country. Much needed!

The new bike!!



























The block that my hostel is located on in Palermo, Buenos Aires. 

My sister Rictavia's favorite number is 22 so this restaurant always makes me think of her. 





No comments:

Post a Comment