Monday, February 3, 2014

Plans for Uruguay

Today I got up and made another round of my breakfast sandwiches - taste so good and such a great way to start my day! Headed out soon thereafter to go to the Seacat offices, which is the company that operates ferry's from Buenos Aires to Colonia, Uruguay. I have heard from many people here that Colonia is a beautiful little town, and an easy day trip, so I went to the office and waited in a short line to get my ticket. My plan was to leave tomorrow (Tues) and then come back the same day, but the cheap tickets were all sold out for tomorrow so I booked my travels for Wednesday. I leave Buenos Aires at 8:45am and then return on a 5:45pm boat. Colonia is a small town on the beach of Uruguay, and it was founded by the Portuguese in the 17th century. I'm excited to go check it out and get out of the city for a day. I'm going to use my Polish passport to get into Uruguay, which will be my inaugural time using it, so I'm excited. Also, I think it will be better to at least have one stamp on my passport before going into Brazil.

So after booking my trip I decided to walk for a bit, and found myself back in my favorite neighborhood of Recoleta, and when I was walking past the cemetery I decided to go into the movie theaters and see what was playing. I've heard much about the Wolf of Wall Street, so I grabbed a ticket and saw a 4pm show. Wow - what an intense flick. I loved it. The greed and intensity of Wall Street is definitely beautifully shown, including the excessive lifestyle that has brought down so many people, families, and companies. I'm a big fan of Leonardo DiCaprio, and he came through as always with his intensity and passion.

After the movies I walked back to the hostel and have been laying low here for the evening. Tomorrow I'm going to get up on the early side and go check out some museums, including some local galleries which Corina told me about, and then lay low tomorrow night to get ready for my Uruguay adventure.

No pictures today, sorry. I've heard that more and more snow keeps falling on the east coast and midwest back home, and I just wanna say I hope everyone is safe and warm. I know it's easy to say from afar and in a warm climate, but try to enjoy the beauty of the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment