Sunday, February 16, 2014

Dancing Fool

Two reasons why I haven't posted much in the last few days:
  1. The chord to my laptop is shredded from too much use (and abuse) and so it's not working anymore. Luckily my sister Taty (such a savior) is sending me an extra chord she had, so I'll be back up and in full swing by next weekend. 
  2. The last two nights I've been out dancing until about 5am each night. I found a club that's literally five doors away from the hostel and it's amazing. More locals than tourists, and they play a mix of latin and US-style dance music. Place is called Loka :) Anyone that knows me well will not be surprised by this. Both nights as random as ever - including random people and much dancing by myself (with plenty of people watching and cheering me on). 
My time in Buenos Aires has come to a close. A nice climactic insane dance-fest close, but a close nonetheless. I've had amazing brunches with good friends I've made (pics below), seen a bunch more graffiti (more pics), and just enjoyed my time here. Today (Sunday) I had a great friend from Chicago here visiting on business. Becca Powelson works in the wine industry and she was entertaining clients over a fantastic lunch today in San Telmo. The restaurant is called Amici Miei - check it out here. Now I'm back at the hostel and all packed and ready to get to the bus station, where I'm about to embark on a 12 hour ride to Mendoza - WINE COUNTRY!!! Also, Becca and her clients are flying to Mendoza tomorrow so I'm going to have another dinner and then do drinks with them tomorrow night. So fun. Her clients are great too, so it was great hanging out with them today. I'll try to get to a charger in Mendoza so I'm all good to write during the week, but if not then I'll write some posts from a public computer (prob not with pics). Either way I'll figure it out :)

Also, I found an art store near the hostel and decided to do a painting for the guys here. The hostel is called On The Road, so I did a Roman-style painting of a road. The guys here really loved it, which felt great. This place has been a very important part of my time here in Buenos Aires. It's really felt like a home, and I know my trip would have been completely different if I was staying elsewhere. Thanks fellas - it's been amazing. Know I'll see you again (mostly cause I'm coming back next weekend for a night:)

Hope everyone at home is having a great weekend. Stay warm. 


Most amazing waffle I've ever had!!


























No comments:

Post a Comment