Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Saorge, France = Heaven

I'm speechless. Again. I don't know how to put words to my experience today. I could say that I got up in a hotel on the Italian coast, had breakfast, took a few trains, then got off at a tiny train station in the French countryside and walked through a very old and scary quarter mile tunnel to arrive in the most amazing small village - where I've had spectacular food and met the most amazing people…and yeah, that would sum it up pretty well. I've had the most beautiful day of my travels, and so I'm going to sleep on it before I write more. Expect a full update tomorrow with more details, but rest assured I'm sleeping in a farm house that's over 250 years old and I'm situated in the most beautiful setting I've witnessed. Here are some pics from my day. More to come tomorrow. I'm a very lucky and blessed person, and I'm in my own version of paradise.

The walk up the hill to the town. I was not happy about this...

My room - bunk beds galore but I'm in there solo :)

Entrance to my room. OLD SCHOOL

Heaven?

Hallway to bathroom and kitchen area

Love this little window in the bathroom :)

Guess this part was added in 1807 (added!)









Chillaxin



The walk up to my room


The walk down back to town

Saorge, France


My salad before lunch

Pesto ravioli - YES PLEASE

View from lunch...


Not a bad lunch view





Monastery which is now used for a retreat for poets and writers




Waiting for the train this morning in Ventimiglia


The train station in Saorge...


Had to walk through this tunnel before I knew where the hell I was going. Intense. But perfect



Nap time in the hillside





No comments:

Post a Comment