Friday, April 4, 2014

Vienna!!!

So...I just got into Vienna and I couldn't be more excited. Being home in Chicago was a fantastic break from my travels, but I found myself partying a little too much so I'm glad I'm back on the road. While I was at home I made a trip to Las Vegas with some SF friends, and I managed to make some very smart college basketball bets, which are now paying for my time in Europe. Yes - I'm insanely lucky. The flight here was about 9 hours, and I sat next to an extremely kind and sweet woman from Indianapolis. She was going on a group tour in Greece, and she had been to almost all the places I'm going to be in Europe. We talked for a while about traveling and life goals and my music and her family. It was a great flight. Oh - so my rough itinerary for Europe is to in this order: Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Zurich, Barcelona, Lisbon, Morocco, and Italy. My plan is to spend the month of May in Barcelona, where I will rent an apartment and really get into the city life. I have a friend who lives there and plays music so I'm very excited to hang out with him. Then in June I will travel around Italy, trying to see as many of the best cities and countryside as possible. It's always been a dream of mine to see Italy, so I really wanted to devote some quality time to be there and explore. As for the other cities, I really just want to see them and their beauty. I've heard so much talk about Berlin and its art/music scene, so that's a big highlight for me. Other than that I'm just gonna go with the flow and see how things pan out. But right now I'm just very excited to be here in Vienna, which so many people have told me is such a beautiful place. My sister Stasha, who lives in Saudi Arabia, just arrived here as well, so I'm going to meet her today at her hotel and we're going to explore. She's here till next Tuesday, so I can't wait to spend time with her in this new city. Also, my friend Isabella has let me stay at her apartment, which couldn't be nicer. I met Isabella a few years ago in Chicago and we've stayed in contact ever since. She is a great friend to let me crash here for a few days. Also, her brother lives right next door and I already met and spoke with him today - very cool guy as well. It's always nice to enter a new city and know some people. Always the best way to travel.

So that's about it for now. I'm going to sign off and get ready to head over to Stasha's hotel. Exciting!!!

Below are some fun pics from Las Vegas :)

Hanging out at the Mirage pool in Vegas

Great dinner with friends and my sister Taty, who was in Vegas as well!! So great to see her.

The Oracle - the man who knows more about college basketball than anyone I know.

The day we won it all! Michael had these funny shirts made for us...

Every penny counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment