Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Air Sex Championships

Woke up on Saturday morning to the sunshine coming through the blinds at Jenny and Scott's apt. I was a little slow, but I know everyone else was as well. Jenny came out in the living room and proclaimed that she was going to go on a run. Huh? That doesn't sound fun. Jim said that he'd be up for doing it, so before I knew it we were all dressed up in Scott's running clothes and we were on a 3 mile loop of the lake alongside their apartment. So beautiful. What a great way to start the day! There were lots of people out running, and the weather was around 70, which made everything A-OK. Not gonna lie - the run hurt a little at times, but nonetheless it was good to sweat it out. After the run the fellas jumped in the outside pool within their condo building, which was insanely cold but refreshing, and then we all headed to brunch at Taverna. Mimosas, bloody mary's, and even some Christmas carolers stopped bye to serenade us. So great. After brunch we went to the South Congress area of the city - very hipster and cool. We did some window shopping and then had some drinks before heading back to the apartment to clean up and then head out to a fantastic Indian food dinner at G'Raj Mahal Cafe. We ate quickly because we had to get over to Mohawk bar for the Air Sex Championships. No, I had never heard of it either. Jenny and Scott somehow found out about it and so we went and watched and wow it was out there. You've heard of air guitar, right? Well this is the same concept. One person on stage by him or herself, pretending to have sex with someone else. RANDOM. Some of the people were horrible, but others completely funny. By the end of the night it was really late, and we had been drinking and hanging out since before noon, so we called it a day and all passed out happy from a great day. 

Sunday we woke up and headed back to the airport to head out of town. Jenny and Scott drove us to the airport and it was so nice of them to see us off. I really love Jenny - she's been one of my closest friends throughout the years and she really means the world to me. I'm so proud of her for becoming a doctor, and I know she's going to continue to do great things. I'm just excited to be in her life. And I couldn't be happier that she found such an amazing husband in Scott. Such a good guy with a positive and fun outlook on life. I love that he's there for her.

Jenny and I - ready for the run!! 



Carolers singing to us at lunch

Scott and Jenny






Air Sex championships...def got weird 


No comments:

Post a Comment