Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Flying Home

Jim and I flew out of Austin and made a stop in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. Jim keeps an eye out for the cheapest gas stops, and this was the best one he could find, so we filled up on gas and then used the car-share at the airport to grab lunch in town. Well, it wasn't really town...more the mall. Very depressing and the food we ate made me incredibly nervous. Actually, I told Jim when we were leaving that this lunch was the most risky thing we did all weekend. Ha. So true though. We jumped back in the plane and then settled in for a 4 hour ride back to Cincinnati. We had great conversations about business, family, and our next steps in life. We witnessed a beautiful sunset and I felt lucky for being on this journey with such a great friend. When we got back to Cincinnati we pulled the plane in the hanger and then grabbed some chili and headed home. I had no clue but apparently Cincinnati is known for their chili. Hm. Anyway, it was a good hearty meal to end the day...and my last adventure of the year. I had planned to possibly drive to Chicago that same night (Sunday), but instead I stayed the evening at Jim and Jodi's and we planned to play music the next day (I was planning to set my drums up in his basement, and Jim would play guitar and bass). 

Atlantic Terminal at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport


Jim decided to upgrade me to adult headset






Landing in Pine Bluff, Arkansas 
Meal at the mall in Pine Bluff - not smart...





No comments:

Post a Comment