Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Akron, Cleveland, and Columbus

I drove about 6 hours to Cleveland to visit my friend Michael, who I've seen a bunch this year (in Vegas, SF, Norway, Spain). My sister Taty was driving back to Maryland and so she decided to join me at Michael's as well. Michael is building an app with his father and a few others, and my sister and I will be part of his team once it launches. I'm more than excited about this business opportunity, so it was fun to be around all the players in the company. Michael's parents and his sister both live in the Akron area, which is about 45 minutes from Cleveland. We had great conversations about the business. as well as just enjoyed family time. Michael's sister Stacey is married with three children, and each are sweet and well behaved. I'm more than glad I had this time with Michael and his family, and it made me and Taty even more excited about the business to come. 

After leaving Akron and Cleveland, I drove about 2 hours to Columbus, where my cousin Kathy lives with her husband Ricky and their two children Coco and Jett. Kathy lived in SF when I was there, and she then settled in Columbus because her husband Ricky works for Victoria's Secret as a head designer. Ricky is an amazing man - from Puerto Rico, and he is one of the most talented artists I have ever met. I included some pics of his art which was up in his home. I was bummed that Ricky was traveling while I was there, but I got to see Jett at his Taekwondo class, and then we all had a great dinner at home before playing some video games and then hitting the hay. The next morning we all got up and walked the kids to school, which was so fun. I loved seeing the kids in their element, and being a part of their life. I love them. 

We had great dim sum in Cleveland 
R&R is a band I was in during my time in SF
My cousin's son Jett's Taekwondo class in Columbus - so fun!


Ice cream after a great dinner at my cousin Kathy's in Columbus  
Kathy's son Jett's room, where I stayed while in Columbus :)
Love this note on the mirror in Jett and Coco's bathroom 
Poem that Jett wrote - this was up in his school
My cousin Kathy's husband Ricky is an amazing artist, and most of the art in their home is his. 







Kathy, Jett, and Coco before we walked the kids to school :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment