Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Dance Class and Basement Jams

Monday morning I decided to join Jim's wife Jody at her dance aerobics class. Yes, I wore the same short-shorts from my Forest Gump Halloween outfit, and everyone in the class loved it. At one point I saw some older woman outside of the classroom filming me. Random. After class I cleaned up and then met Jody at her office. She works in a very fancy design company, and it was fun to see her office and meet her mom, who owns and runs the business. Very cool. I had one of the most amazing grilled cheese sandwiches of my life at a cafe called Sleeping Bee, and then I headed back to the house to warm up on drums and wait for Jim to get home. One of Jim's friends was there when I got back so we jammed a bit and then when Jim came home we played more. What a great time!! Jim's kids came and joined in, and his father-in-law played with us as well. I recorded a bunch of the songs, and you can see them here. So fun. OH! My friend Jamie, who I met in the Amalfi coast during that hike up the mountain, lives in Cincinnati so she joined us. So fun. We ate amazing chili which Jody made, and then we all hung out for a bit before calling it a night. What a great time. I felt so special in Jim and Jody's home. So full of love, and so full of great times. I already miss them, though I know this is just the beginning of many more visits and good times ahead. 

I woke up Tuesday and wished little Jimmy a happy 2nd birthday before seeing the girls off on their bus to school and then jumping on the road myself. I'm headed back to Chicago - home...

My outfit for dance class with Jody



Best grilled cheese I have ever had!


Jam session! 

Molly ended up being an amazing drummer 

Like father like daughter
Love this household


No comments:

Post a Comment