Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Philadelphia - Timeless Home

After Columbus I drove over 7 hours to Philadelphia, where I am considering living and starting my new business venture. I stayed with my friend Tom, who is a contractor/builder as well as an entrepreneur. Tom built and lives in a beautiful home in the hipster neighborhood of Fishtown - such a great place. I would definitely like to live here if I moved to this town. I also spent a lot of time with my old friend Big AL, who is a fantastic musician and just a great friend. Alex's girlfriend Katie flew in for the weekend and we had a blast dancing and just hanging out for the weekend she was in town. I spent much of my time checking out the city and seeing the nightlife and the overall energy this city provided. I've been here a bunch of times but not with the eyes of someone looking to move here and possibly start my business. It was eye opening. There is so much building and growth here - it's exciting to think about moving here. On the Sunday before I left, Tom cooked an amazing meal for his mother's birthday, and it was fun to hang with him and his family for this important day. Throughout the week I cooked for both Tom and Alex, and they both loved my healthy and easy-to-prepare dish. Such a great time. I was also able to see old friends like Megan, who I knew from meeting in NYC, as well as my friend Doug and his girlfriend Stephanie (worked with Doug in the past). What a whirlwind, but what a great time. I feel lucky for the time I had in Philly, and I'm going to be thinking long and hard about where I plan to live moving forward. 




Cooking dinner for my Big AL my first night in Philly

Big AL 
My special dish :)



Alex gave me this painting







View from Big AL's apt 

Big AL at the art store - in his element
Fishtown neighborhood in Philly



Cooked my dish again for Tom at his home

Big AL

Big AL singing with random carolers 

3 Egg sandwich for breakfast in Fishtown, Philly
Tom cooked an amazing pork shoulder on Sunday for his mom's birthday dinner

Painting I did for Tom earlier this year
Burrata cheese for an appetizer 


Breakfast at a cool restaurant in Fishtown, Philly

Everyone in the Fishtown neighborhood loves to display fish in front of their home 

No comments:

Post a Comment