Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My first bus ride in South America

Woke up in Cusco, Peru in my hostel (in a room with about 12 other people), checked out, and grabbed a cab to the bus station, where I was meeting Andreas - the German I met while on the Machu Picchu hike. The night before we had bought bus tickets to a place called Puno, which is on Lake Titicaca - on the border with Bolivia. Along with our bus ticket we also booked a reservation on the floating island of Uros, which I'd heard about from my buddy Oliver. I'll speak about Uros in the next post, but I wanted to show some pictures from our bus ride, which was five hours and was my first taste of the Peruvian countryside (outside of my Machu Picchu experience). The bus was OK at best, but the seats reclined real far back and we both had our own row without anyone next to us, so that was huge. The bus stopped about two hours in on the side of the road where women were selling goods. It was completely surreal - hope the pics do it some justice. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised with my first bus ride…


















No comments:

Post a Comment