Sunday, January 5, 2014

Slow Down for a Second

Personally I think the best thing for me about this trip to South America will be my slowing down. Anyone who knows me well, especially Buda, knows that I'm usually always in a huge rush to get as much done in as little amount of time as possible. I guess I just want to maximize every moment in this life and so it's ended up costing a lot of quality time with people. Not to mention that my being in a rush has been the cause of being in serious bike, car, motorcycle, and boating accidents. My closest family and friends know that I'm lucky to even be here in one piece after all the accidents I've endured. So I guess today I really thought more about slowing down the pace of my life, though of course it's much easier to do here in Cartagena when the weather gets up into the 80's and everyone else moves very slowly.

In other great news, I've decided on some of the future direction of this South American trip. I'm flying to Cusco, Peru on Tuesday and will be doing a 4 day / 3 night hike up to Machu Picchu! Very excited about it, and can't wait to share my adventure here as it unfolds. Also decided that I'm going to do a Shaman retreat in La Paz Bolivia (after Machu Picchu), and then a jeep tour of the Bolivian Salt Flats afterwards. This trip is intended to be a spiritual one, and although Cartagena has been fun and a great time with friends, I'm ready to dive more into a personal and spiritual journey.

Lastly I hope everyone in Chicago stays safe and warm in the cold weather that is coming tomorrow (Monday 1/6/14). I'll be thinking of you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment