Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Chill Day in Amalfi

Woke up today (Tues) and had a great sleep. Put my swimsuit on and grabbed some free breakfast which Senem setup at a coffee shop near the apt. Helen from Montana is there and then Jamie and Amber come bye, and we talk about our next moves. I am considering Pompei and Rome, and they all give me great advice. Then Helen leaves and I decide to head to Positano, which is a huge vacation and honeymoon spot for travelers. My buddy Stewart from Chicago says this is his favorite place in the world, so I knew I had to see it. I walk up to the bus stop with Jamie and Amber, and I catch my bus towards Positano as the girls get their bus the other way. The bus winds on these crazy hilly roads, and takes much longer than I wanted. I have to change buses halfway to Positano, which is annoying and takes even more time. I eventually get to Positano around 2pm after leaving around 11:45am. Not cool. I walk through town, which is adorable, but full of tourists and tourist shops. This is definitely not my scene but nice to see nonetheless. I head to the beach and jump in the water, surrounded by other Americans and English speakers. It's kinda nice but at the same time kinda weird. Def not the Italy I've been experiencing until now. I hang at the beach for a few hours and then decide to head back to Erchie, but of course the bus takes forever to show up and then it's PACKED. Another hour or so later and I'm home around 5:45pm. I head to Frederico's restaurant again to eat some amazing salad and penne. I finished that a few hours ago and have just been chilling here ever since. Such nice guys in here - love the vibe. Low key family owned place. I'm gonna pay here and then pass out. Tomorrow I'm gonna do some kayaking in Erchie and then I've decided to go back to Civita. It was just too special for me. Stefania told me that I can do a painting for her and that I can play music with Sasi again, which is ideal. I'll head to Rome on Friday or Saturday, but for now I'm headed back to the mountains…and a place very close to my heart. Some pics below but not too many….

In Amalfi - on my pit stop to Positano
Positano

Again in Amalfi - this time on my way back...
My dinner here at Fredericos :)

No comments:

Post a Comment