Sunday, June 15, 2014

Farmhouse South of Florence for the Night

Get up. Eat a free croissant at my hotel. Walk a few blocks to my train. Three hours later I'm in Florence. Another train and another hour and a half and I'm walking down a country road to my home for the night. Farmhouse. Simple. Beautiful. Serene. My host makes me a prosciutto and cheese sandwich and gives me some wine to wash it down. Thank you. Much needed. Go for a walk and the countryside is breathtaking. Drops of rain pat me on the head and welcome me to this beautiful place. Italians wave at me as I walk by their homes. A dog greets me with wagging tail and happy sniffs. I walk. I don't think. I just enjoy. I take pictures. I cherish. It's nice to get out of the city. It's nice to be here in such a relaxed and welcoming place.

Tomorrow I check out Siena and then head to Florence for a few days. Contentedness settles in. 

Is this not the most amazing sign ever? Wow. Almost a joke it's so great. Bigger image below... 
On the local train from Florence to Siena
My bedroom in the farmhouse :)
Living / dining room
Sandwich and wine which were laid out for me
Classic kitchen
Wish I had time and knowledge enough to use this huge oven/stove 
Out the front door


Walking down the driveway away from the house
Just to the right of the farmhouse




















The actual town I'm in - Badesse - just north of Siena and south of Florence

No comments:

Post a Comment