Monday, June 2, 2014

Smell Ya Later, Palermo

When I got up I was thinking that Palermo wasn’t the place I wanted to be for more than one day, so I walked to the bus station to check out transportation to the smaller east-coast resort town of Taormina. I’ve seen pictures of this town and it looks stunning, with a nice beach and some Roman ruins. I book a bus at 4pm and then walk around Palermo for a bit, seeing some beautiful churches and then grabbing a few small sandwiches at this incredibly popular (and packed) sandwich shop on one of the main streets. I got a salami and an eggplant parmesan sandwich – both amazingly good. After that I walked a bit more and then packed my things up and jumped on the bus. Surprisingly my first bus and my connecting bus in Catania were both right on time! Score. I end in the small town of Giardini Naxos, which is very close to Taormina, but actually right on the sea. Before leaving Palermo I found a great hostel here, and so I've booked a few nights in a room by myself and couldn't be more content. I went on a walk when I arrived (around 9pm) and the city is touristic but very cute. I'm going to go on a walk to Taormina tomorrow and then on Wednesday I'm going to do a boat cruise where I can swim in some of the caves around Giardini Naxos. Good times ahead!! 


Pics from Palermo today: 

Just a random national band playing at the train/bus station today in Palermo…no biggie. 




























Where I sat and ate my sandwiches for lunch today in Palermo :)
Reminded me of the tree that I found with Ivana while in Buenos Aires the second time :)












No comments:

Post a Comment