Saturday, May 10, 2014

Beach Day Getaway - Sitges

Dalia invited me to head down the coast a little to the small beach town of Sitges, which apparently has nicer beaches than in Barcelona (and safer). As we're heading down there on the train, Dalia tells me that it's also the gay capital of the area, and they host the most elaborate and fun Carnival celebrations in-or-around Barcelona - random, but rad. So we get into town after an easy 30 minute train ride, grab some munchies at the grocery store, and head to through the old part of the city and into the beautiful beach area. So mellow and low key. We laid out and talked and had a perfectly relaxing day in the sun. I was smart about the sunscreen because of my long day at the F1 track yesterday, so I was ok without burning, but I think Dalia got some burns :( I jumped in the mediterranean for the first time and it felt amazing! The water was very cold but it was just what I needed to wake me up and cool me off from the sun. I'm walking out of the water and I'm faced with a beach dotted with topless girls - all between 20-25 years old. Too funny. I laugh to myself and think, wow - this will never happen in the US! We sit for a bit more and then go grab some lunch at a tapas place in the old city. I actually got curry chicken, which was amazing, and Dalia opted for tapas. After that we grabbed some ice cream - people watched - and then headed back on the train. A nice easy and relaxing day, and I have to thank Dalia again for getting me out of the city and showing me a very cool new village. Back at Guillem's apartment now and he's gone for the night hiking and skiing in the Pyrenees Mountains. Nice to have his very cool apartment to myself for the night. Going to relax and just enjoy the peace and quiet. 

Hope everyone has a great Saturday :)



















Lunch location :)


No comments:

Post a Comment