Sunday, May 4, 2014

Cinco de Mayo Party

Yesterday was another great day here in Bar celona. I still haven't done ANY tourist things, but I have time :) A close friend of mine, Michael, from my SF days, has a friend who lives here in Barcelona, and she (Dalia) was going to a rooftop birthday party and invited me. Surprisingly the party was only a few blocks away from my apartment, so I grabbed some tequila as a house warming gift and headed over. The apartment was AMAZING, and Dalia and her friends couldn't have been nicer. There were a lot of people from the US, so it was nice to hear about their experiences and how much they all love it here. We drank, enjoyed the sun, ate nachos, guacamoles, and birthday cake, and then capped it off with hitting a piñata for one of the girls' birthday. SO fun. I don't have any pics, but I PROMISE tomorrow I'll get them up. I didn't do anything last night - just stayed at the rooftop all day and then passed out on the early side. I got up today (Sunday) and did some laundry here at the apt and then my friend Guillem came over and we hung out on the terrace for a bit before he headed home and I took the subway to an outdoor concert. Ironically enough the guy who I'm living with - Nacho - is a percussionist in a few bands here, and one of them was playing tonight, so I headed over and it was GREAT. Lots of families and the music was fun - kinda like rock with a latin flavor. Great times. I have a video that I will upload mañana. What a treat though :) I'm passing out now to get a good start on the tourist fun tomorrow! Very excited to get out and check out this beautiful city!!

I hope everyone had a FANTASTIC weekend, and good luck tomorrow at work.

The birthday girl at the BBQ cutting her cake with a sword :)
Nachos band playing in a park in the city 
Nacho on congas
There was one song he came up and did a rap song. Random but good!



No comments:

Post a Comment