Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Lisbon for the Afternoon

After leaving James and his crew on the beach in Ericeira, I got in my car and drove about 35 minutes into Lisbon. I've always romanticized this city for some reason, and when I got there I wasn't let down by the architecture. Amazing tile work on almost all the buildings, which were also very colorful. Tons of hills in the city, which reminded me of SF. I didn't interact too much with the people there, but to be honest there were a ton of tourists. I parked my car next to a park in the city and walked for about 2-3 hours just getting a sense of the town - churches, overlooks, squares, parks, and the waterfront. I grabbed some ice cream after finishing my time near the waterfront, and I was able to get on wifi and check in with the AirBnB I rented in this small town in southern Portugal for that night. I had a feeling I wasn't going to want to stay in Lisbon, and so I requested staying at this AirBnB for that night, but before I could get confirmation I was away from my phone. So to my enjoyment I was not only accepted, but I had a nice email from the owner, Alison, saying she was excited for me to arrive. SCORE. Love when I get good vibes from people I haven't even met yet. So I walked my way back to the car and left Lisbon around 5:30pm…just in time for some rush hour traffic on my way out of town. Once I left the city though, there was barely anyone on the roads. Portugal is definitely not an overpopulated country - that's for sure. My time in Lisbon, although short, was really nice and relaxing. It's not a crazy place and the architecture really was beautiful. I hope you enjoy the pics...


Never seen graffiti on plants before...






















Had to take a pic of this - Stacy is my mom :) 








Best part about this is that it was done on the girl's bathroom wall...




My top hat surfaces again!!



















Leave it up to Ford to ruin a landscape...


Guitarist was playing Imagine by John Lennon






Love this little guy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment