Thursday, May 29, 2014

Sevilla for the Night

After seeing beautiful fields of sunflowers on my trip back to Spain, I got into Sevilla about 20 minutes after my rental car was due. Cost me about 10 Euros, but could have been a lot worse. Of course, when I got into town I took a few wrong turns and got lost, but nonetheless I made it and dropped the car off. It's a short walk to Fatima's office, so I made my way there but of course I got lost again. The streets really aren't numbered very intuitively in Spain…it's not my fault. I had to go to a bar to get wifi to text Fatima but then she came and got me and we headed back into the office. She was with her closest friend Loes (pronounced Loooos), who's from Holland but has been in Seville for 5+ years. She is absolutely hilarious and completely crazy - I was a big fan from the minute I met her. It's great to see two smiling faces when I get back to Sevilla, which makes it that much more of a second home for me now. I go up to their office which is very modern and cool. The company is called Genera Interactive, and they focus on mobile games and mobile products. Very progressive and cool company, and they are doing very well globally. Fatima and Loes are in the marketing department, and I speak with Fatima about Facebook advertising and my point of view, as well as my experience. It's a good exchange, and it would be cool to work there, but for now I'm going to stay on the road. I have a feeling I might end up back in Sevilla - it's just a gut feeling I have. The city itself is about 800K people but the vibe is full of energy and youth. There is a ton of great food, art, and music, and it's SO close to the beach, Portugal, Morocco, and so many other things (skiing, wineries, etc). It would be very easy to live there. We hang at the office for a while (they were working and I was figuring out my next travel plans), and then I head back to Fatima's place to drop my things. She has been so kind to me and offered to let me crash at her place for the night. I cannot say how good hearted she is - definitely one of the best people I've met on my travels. We go to dinner and meet up with Loes again, and have some amazing pizza, wine, and tons of laughs. The COO of their company (Pablo) joins us as well, and it's great to talk to him and get his POV on the business and about his travels to the US. All in all a great night. I pass out around 1:30am and then wake up around 7:45am to catch a bus to Tarifa, which is the southern most point in Spain - just across the sea from Morocco…my next destination.

A great dinner with two funny and crazy chicas!

No comments:

Post a Comment