Sunday, May 25, 2014

Last Day in Barcelona - Family Dinner

We stayed up pretty late on Wednesday night after the gig at Harlem Jazz Club, so when we got up around 10am we were both tired and not feeling great, so we decided that jumping in the Mediterranean was the best idea. It was cloudy out and not very warm, so the water really woke us up. We didn't stay in for long, but instead quickly got back to the apartment and I made the last of the eggs in a huge scrambled egg dish. While we were sitting in the apartment relaxing it became quickly apparent that the sun was now shining outside, so we went up to the rooftop and saw what had become one of the best days so far in Barcelona. PERFECT. We quickly throw on our bathing suits and head to the beach to relax, jump in the water, and just enjoy our last day in the city. We pretty much spent the entire day at the beach, and then around 7 we headed up to Guillem's apartment because he was going to do a cookout on his terrace. Dalia and about 5 of her friends joined, and it was really a very special last night for me and Michael. There has been so many kind and nice people I've run into in my travels, but in Barcelona it truly was perfect. Guillem and Dalia were my main crew, and I couldn't have asked for better people. I've thanked them in person many times but just want to mention it again here. We stayed up laughing and playing games until about midnight, and then Michael and I helped clean up a little before heading back to the apartment. We packed our things and were finally asleep by about 2am, which isn't too convenient when you have a 6am flight the same morning.

OH - completely forgot to mention that I did a painting for Guillem as a gift. It wasn't anything special but fun to get some ideas out again. Included a pic below.

Earlier in the week Michael told me he secured a meeting with a mobile video game company in Seville, in the south of Spain. I have been there before - two years ago during Christmas with my mom and my sister Stasha. We had the MOST amazing trip, so I figured why not join Micahel and explore more of the city. Also, the person Michael will be meeting said there is a music festival in town this weekend!! Perfection. 













Me - presenting Guillem with his painting :)

Dalia's roomate Ana from Colombia!

Perfect family dinner :)



No comments:

Post a Comment