Sunday, May 25, 2014

My Second Gig in Barcelona

Wednesday - we got up late, jumped in the Mediterranean, and then I cooked some egg sandwiches for me and Michael. Always a fan favorite :) Me and Michael walked up and down the beach for a bit and checked out the W Hotel, which is a huge landmark along the beach in Barcelona. Afterwards we walk back to the apartment and then Dalia, who has known Michael for many years, comes to say hello. She heads out to get some food and me and Michael make our way to the Harlem Jazz Club, where Guillem's band, Black Cardelli, is playing another show. Unlike the last show, we got there a bit later so the venue was already pretty packed. I spotted Guillem's dad and his girlfriend at the bar immediately and spoke with him for a while. Took some videos below which I hope you enjoy :) Once again, after the first set, Guillem asked me up on stage and I played with his band for one song. The song they were playing was funk, but I decided to throw in my classic dance beat to spice things up a bit. Funny - the other musicians KNEW I was in time right away, but they were definitely thrown off at first. Once we got going and they saw how comfortable I was, they knew all was good, but it was funny to notice it in the beginning. It was AMAZING. So many people in the crowd enjoying the music, and fun to play with so many other musicians on stage. I'm used to playing with only one or two other musicians, so this was great for practice. Oh - Michael had a few too many drinks (and no dinner) so when I got on stage he decided he wanted to get really close and take a video. So as I'm setting up on stage I hear a glass break…then another glass break….then another. Apparently Michael was knocking into tables and everyone in the place was cringing. Best part - Michael thought he was taking a video of me but never actually pressed record, so nothing came of it. Oh well - still a great night!!

Videos from the Show:
One of my favorite songs from Black Cardelli
Guillem on the saxophone

Me and Michael hanging at the apt 
Fantastic graffiti seen on the way to Harlem Jazz Club

No comments:

Post a Comment