Sunday, September 21, 2014

Dedicating Land

Currently sitting in Starbucks in downtown Jackson Hole right now. The land opening / christening was AMAZING. I really felt like a local. Babbs knew EVERYONE, including a woman running for mayor who I met and spoke with - Sara Flitner. Such nice people. Everyone was very happy about this new land grant, which adds a good amount of land for the kids to play and ride their bikes. Here's more info on the organization and the dedication. There was a band playing and free lunch, which was fabulous (bbq pork, mac/cheese, salad, and baked beans). Kids everywhere. Artists outside painting the scene. A band playing near the lunch spot. Perfect weather. Babbs and I rode our bikes from her apartment, which is only a mile-or-so away. So nice being back on the bike, especially in such perfect weather. After lunch and hanging out, we head back to Babbs place and then she drives me around the ski lodge area. It's cute but very typical of most ski town areas I've seen (if not smaller in size than most). Good times nonetheless, and I then bid Babbs farewell and drive back towards my campground to go on a longer bike ride. As I'm riding through town I get a text from another friend-of-a-friend named Adrienne, who says she's playing golf with a friend and I can join. PERFECTION. Adrienne is friends with Becca, who took me around Mendoza, Argentina earlier this year. It seems Becca is still hooking me up with great perks, even though she's not even here! Ha. So I'm hanging in Starbucks and am going to change here and then get picked up by Adrienne to go play. I'm not sure what course, but she said it's private and apparently one of the best. Good times...

The Snake River 
An artist painting the scene at the land opening today
Babbs!
There was a local popcorn truck that pulled up to give free popcorn out
Fun band playing at the land opening
View of the lunch and band area 
Seen on the bike ride
My trusty steed has done me well this journey


No comments:

Post a Comment