Monday, September 8, 2014

I thew a party in SF...

I threw a party in SF with my then-roomates in 2001. My coworker Micah showed up, and at the party he met another friend of mine named Jen. A few years later (or even less) Micah and Jen were married in Tucson, Arizona. They now live in Phoenix and they have 5 children and 3 dogs. Yes - insane. I posted some photos on Facebook while I was in Phoenix with Phil, and Micah noticed them and told me that he lives close bye. So after leaving Phil I drove over to Micah and Jen's house to say hello. Wow. Chaos. Kids running everywhere. Dogs coming up to say hello. Jen running around prepping for dinner. And in the midst of it all there is my friend Micah - as calm as a cucumber. When I first knew Micah he was antsy and on-edge at times, so it's absolutely amazing to see him in such a relaxed and happy mode. Jen is an absolutely fantastic mom. She is stern but loving. She is clean but not anal. She's just a great person to be taking care of so many children. Micah and Jen had four girls, but then they adopted Jen's nephew because he was in a tough situation. Now - I can't imagine having 4 kids. I can't imagine having 3 dogs. And I DEFINITELY cannot imagine adopting a 5th child. But that's what makes Jen and Micah so special - they are unique and caring. I have not met many other people with bigger hearts. They instill love and learning into their kids, and it shows by how polite they are with me. They ask me to stay for dinner and so I help Micah man the grill and then we all sit down to eat. Prayers first. So cute. After dinner the kids show me their rooms and then they do some burpees for me. Too funny. Micah or Jen must have shown them this exercise, and it's hilarious to watch them do it. They all jump into bed and then I sit up and talk with Micah and Jen for a bit. They talk about how they love being parents, and how it's been great for their marriage. They are such a great unit. I love being around them and their family. They offer to let me stay there for night before driving 8 hours up to Ridgway, Colorado - near Telluride - the next morning. I pass out in their guest room, and I'm up and out by about 6:30am. 

Can't say enough good things about Jen and Micah and their family. They were inspiring to me, and they were a great example of how I would like to be in the future. Well…maybe not with that many kids and dogs :) 

Micah and Jen and their adorable kids 

The kids love doing burpees, so they showed off for me. So cute! 






No comments:

Post a Comment