Monday, September 8, 2014

Denver!!

Snooze, Olive and Finch, Denver Beer CoRed Rocks, Masterpiece Delicatessen, Tour de Fat, and other hot spots in Denver rounded out an incredible weekend. I was able to visit with friends who lived in Denver, including Justin and his wife Leah (met Justin in college), Amber (met her in Amalfi this year), Kari (met her in Iowa this year), and Alex (Pat and Marty's son). Even more fun was seeing friends who didn't even live in Denver, but they were there at the same time I was there, including Diane (met her in Charlotte, NC earlier in my trip), Chelsea (good friend from Chicago), and Oliver (who was with me in Cartagena, Colombia to start my year of travels). It was a blur of running around  and doing as much as possible in a short time period. I had a blast at a concert at one of the best music venues I've ever seen - Red Rocks. The band we went to see was STS9, who I've seen for many years. The crowd was a bit younger but that ended up being funny. Even better, Marty and Pat's son Alex met me at the show and it was great to catch up with him as well. Saturday was filled with great food and a hilarious music event in City Park before eating some great pizza at Tony P's. Bike riding, eating great food, seeing cool art galleries, and just relaxing - that's how I sum up my time in Denver. Also, I came to an epiphany about my future business, and I'm getting more and more excited about what is yet to come for me this year.

Denver was definitely on my list for places to potentially live, and this weekend proved that it is worth more time. I left on Sunday (yesterday) and headed up to Steamboat Springs, CO, where my close friend Jamie lives with her husband Buck. I've known Jamie since I was in 7th grade, so it's going to be nice to be around such an old and close friend. After I spend some time here, and in the surrounding areas, I'm going to head back to Denver this coming weekend to explore more. For now though, I'm just excited to have caught up on writing, and now I'm going to just enjoy some time away from the city.

Walking around Uptown, Denver

Unreal breakfast at Snooze in Denver 
My hilarious friend Chelsea, who was in Denver from Chicago 


Seen in a bar in Denver
Justin, Leah, and me before the STS9 show at Red Rocks

Diane and I before the show on Friday! 

Red Rocks!



Alex (Pat and Marty's son) met me at Red Rocks!



Read for a good day on Saturday in Denver
Ironically we walked right by Marczyk Fine Foods, which is where my buddy Bernie Marczyk told to go while in Denver. Great luck!
The bike pit at the Tour de Fat concert on Saturday. So funny!!!









Visiting with my Chicago friend Oliver, who was in Boulder for his brother's wedding. Fantastic timing!!


We drove to Nederland, CO and got some ice cream and just walked around - very cute town.


No comments:

Post a Comment