Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Jackson Hole, Wyoming

Nope - I haven't left here yet. Why would I? I'm in an absolutely beautiful part of the country and I'm in a fantastic home. Even better, my friends Owen and Becca flew in yesterday from Minneapolis to see Becca's father at his new house, which is only an hour away from Jackson Hole. I drove over there to hang out and then had dinner with everyone before coming back here. I initially intended to go to Yellowstone on Monday, but it was rainy and overcast that day so I laid low and painted. I did a piece for Adrienne, who has been kind enough to let me stay at her home while I'm in town. The piece is called 'Nobody's Fault Line', and I dedicated it to the memory of Adrienne's sister who passed away recently. In the last 10 years, Adrienne has lost her father to cancer and her sister to a skiing accident. It's hard to imagine such loss and pain, but Adrienne is an incredibly strong woman and it has truly been inspiring to be in her presence. I was very happy to do this painting for her, and it felt even better to know she appreciated it. The title of the painting alludes to the loss of Adrienne's sister, Liza, and the fact that it was nobody's fault that she passed when she did. These things happen, and unfortunately sometimes there aren't any answers as to why. 

Today it's nice out so I'm going to go on a nice hike in Grand Teton National Park before heading back here to play some golf at Adrienne's club - Jackson Hole Golf and Tennis Club. Her house is literally right on the course, so luckily I don't have to walk that far. I'm going to play 9 holes myself and then Adrienne will meet me for the back 9 holes. Can't wait!! 

Decided I'm going to stay here until Saturday. Owen and Becca are going to come stay in Jackson on Friday so we'll do another hike in the park that day and then I'll head up to Yellowstone on Saturday. Yes, I know I keep saying I'm going to head up there, but for now I'm really enjoying my time here. 

View from where I am staying in Jackson Hole, Wyoming


Painting I did for Adrienne - titled 'Nobody's Fault Line'



View from my bike ride the other day - amazing seeing the storm  



Bike riding with the storm behind me
On my drive to Irving, Idaho yesterday
Song I heard on the drive yesterday... 
Becca's dad, John, at his home yesterday 
Had to take this pic and send it to my friend Owen before he arrived :)
John is a huge hunter and fisherman. Tons of busts and birds in his home 
Fox, Coyote, and Wolf
The most adorable guest house I've ever seen - built before 1900
View from the back of John's house - that's the Snake River
Back porch 
Becca and John having a nice moment
John manning the grill

No comments:

Post a Comment