Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Steamboat Springs, Colorado

Yesterday in Steamboat was perfect. I caught up on writing and then I rode by Jamie's high school, Steamboat Springs High School, to say hello around 4pm. She showed me her classroom and the auditorium where she puts on her plays and musicals. Jamie has always been into theatre, ever since we were in middle school. She performed in many plays and musicals in high school and she has continued this passion ever since. I've always admired Jamie's drive and persistence in this part of her life, and I'm so proud of her. Currently she teaches classes at Steamboat Springs High School, and she's head of the drama department. I was even more excited for her when I saw how beautiful the auditorium and theatre was at her high school. So great. After visiting with Jamie I drove 10 minutes away to the Strawberry Park Hot Springs. Steamboat Springs is the name of this town, and the reason it includes "springs" in the name is because there are a ton of natural hot springs here. I drive most of the way on paved roads and then get onto this dirt/gravel road that is a bit too bumpy for Marty, my van. I had to drive really slow to get there, but when I came upon this hot spring in the woods, it was well worth it. I included some pics below, but rest assured I had a perfect hour of relaxing in the different hot springs on the property. Sunshine peaking through the trees. Peaceful thoughts. Friendly smiling faces. Beautiful flowers surrounding the pools. A teepee relaxing space in the middle of the pools. After my meditative hour at the pools, I head back to Jamie's school and pick her up. We head downtown (maybe 2 minutes away from Jamie's school) and get sushi at a place called Sake2U. Beautiful setting - right next to the river. The sun goes down and we have a great conversation about her life in Colorado, as well as my travels plans and future business ideas. So nice to be hanging out with Jamie again - always good vibes. We head back to the house after dinner and watch some TV before each passing out relatively early. I woke up to the pouring rain this morning, and I headed out to Safeway to get some things so I can make dinner tonight. Then I drove to Taco Cabo to get a breakfast burrito :) Fantastic. I'm going to do a painting today and then when Jamie gets home maybe we'll go for a hike or maybe I'll just make an early dinner and we'll hang out here. Either way - very content here in Steamboat. 

Entrance/office to Strawberry Park Hot Springs - classic
Such a beautiful day at the hot springs
Driving back to town from the hot springs 
Jamie hiding from the camera at dinner last night :)

Heard this song today - figured I would share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment