Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Southern Charm

On a recommendation from my friend Tony in Hilton Head, I went to a very cute cafe in Savannah called Back in the Day Bakery, where I did my last writings. I hung there for breakfast and then got on my bicycle and rode around the city. It's a small place, so it was easy to get around and see everything. There are a ton of little parks around the city, with these beautiful big trees that have Spanish Moss all over them. So dreamy. I walked along the waterfront, which was a bit touristy and a little sad (kind of took some charm away from the city), and then had some great crab dip and oysters before getting back in the car and heading to Atlanta. Although my time in Savannah was short, I truly felt lucky for being here. Getting on my bike and riding around brought out some great emotions: nostalgia, pride, calm and peace. I have always imagined the South as this romantic place with big sweeping trees and long winding driveways, and I found that in Savannah. I'll definitely be back.

Bridge into town















Although I didn't' eat here, I had to take a pic for my buddy Bernie :)
Walked into a small gallery and saw some great work...


Amazing candy store - see the train?








No comments:

Post a Comment