Sunday, September 28, 2014

Last Days in Jackson, Wyoming

The last few days have been filled with painting, bike rides, hikes, dinners, and a lot of fires. It's been on-and-off raining for the last few days, so I've been more low key. My friends Owen and Becca came to Jackson on Friday for a great breakfast at a place in town called Persephone. Then we drove into Grand Teton National Park and hiked String Lake. It wasn't a tough hike, but it was beautiful and just nice to be out and about with my friends. We grabbed a drink and some food afterwards at Dornan's - the same place I had pizza the second night I was in town. Amazing views. After leaving Owen and Becca I went on a great bike ride with Adrienne and then she made us thai food while we sang songs and hung out. Such a great day. There are a bunch of good pics below. 

The painting below is called "Don't Touch" which is ironic because the painting spells out the word "Touch". I kept seeing these word over and over again before I painted it. My paintings always include a thick layer of paint, so I know everyone always wants to touch them. As I was painting I thought about the word "touch" and the idea of NOT touching, and it made me think of how some men harass women. Often times women tell men to stop but men don't listen - they only see what they want to see. So the idea of the painting morphed into the perception of a chauvinist man - listening to a woman say "don't touch" but only seeing "touch". Not sure where this all came from, but there has been a lot of talk about women's rights lately, so I think that's how it evolved. Oh - I also decided to highlight the word "ouch" in green because of all the pain chauvinism causes. I'm not sure I will do many pantings like this, but it was fun to experiment.

It's raining pretty hard here today (Sunday) so I'm considering staying until it gets nicer so I can fully enjoy Yellowstone. Either way my time here in Jackson has been perfect. So relaxing. So refreshing. And most of all - full of beauty, good friends, good food, and time for reflection. 

Painting I did titled "Don't Touch". 


Amazing thai curry dish that Adrienne made

Adrienne opened a bottle she received for her birthday a few years ago 
Owen and I on a great hike in Grand Teton National Park



Owen and Becca 


Bike rides with Adrienne 

These statues were out front of a gallery in downtown Jackson - had to take some funny pics




Adrienne playing guitar and singing. She has a phenomenal voice. 


1 comment:

  1. Embrace quality, embrace craftsmanship and embark on a path to unrivaled health. A transformation awaits you in the company. https://sensoskinexperts.com/

    ReplyDelete