Wednesday, August 20, 2014

79

I shot a 79 yesterday at Robert Trent Jones Oceanfront Golf Course!!! Best round of my life :) Yes, I realize this is not that exciting for most people reading this, but for me it's a big deal. Had to get that detail out of the way first, even though I started my time in Hilton Head Island (HHI) at a fantastic lunch spot called the Sea Shack, where I had a phenomenal shrimp burger (my first ever - pic below). Just as I walked into the Sea Shack the skies opened and there was a 30-minute intense rain storm. Fun to see such a huge downpour, especially when I was eating a great lunch inside. Nice people. Everyone loves hearing that I'm driving the US, and they love it even more that I chose their spot to stop. I get some special treatment and some free food here and there - always fun. So I finish up eating and it's now stopped raining, so I drive out and head to the Harbour Town Lighthouse, which is a fixture on HHI. Beautiful! The boats in the harbor nearby are unreal. Fun to look at all of them. Wait. What the hell is that? Is that a snake? Nah - too many ridges in its back, and it's got two eyes popped out of the water looking around. No way!!! That's a mini-alligator. Wow. I watch it for a while and some others come to watch with me. Everyone is surprised to see the alligator in salt water because they are fresh water animals. I watch for a bit and then make my way back to the car and then over to the golf course, where my buddy Tony meets me. I met Tony about 8 years ago when I was traveling to Atlanta for work a bunch. Funny. Sincere. Hard working. Always laughing. It's so easy to be around Tony, and we pick up exactly where we left off a few years ago, when we last saw one another. We had so much fun laughing and catching up that I wasn't thinking about my golf game…always best for me to play my best. After golf we headed back towards Tony's house just outside HHI, and we grabbed some grub at a local restaurant before calling it a night on the early-side. Tony has a fantastic house in a private community, and it was nice to crash there for the night. I woke up today around 6am with the family, and got to meet Tony's little boy Greyson - so cute. His wife Morgan was up and hanging out as well, and she could't be nicer. We caught up and they gave me a great recommendation for a breakfast spot in Savannah, where I've been since I got here: Back In The Day Bakery. I'm about to get on my bike and ride around town to check it out - always my favorite way to see a place. Off to Atlanta later today to meet up with my friend Leila for some paddle boarding. Good times here in the South!

Seen on my drive into Hilton Head Island (HHI)
One of my fav jams!!
Amazing shrimp burger!! 
Beautiful tree lined streets in HHI



Crazy! I saw a little alligator in the water just near the lighthouse. They are fresh water animals so it was weird to see this guy in salt water. 


Love this boat's  name...

My buddy Tony 
Left this put short…but the view in the background is amazing :)



Tony with his baby Greyson - cute kid!
Tony's wife Morgan, with Greyson
The bridge as I entered Savannah just now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment