Thursday, August 7, 2014

New Hampshire, Philly, and Maryland in Pictures (words to come next)

I've been busy running all over the place the last few days. Sorry for my delay in writing! I wanted to get these pics up now, and I'll start writing in the next few posts on what I've been doing :)

My friend Rachel's cabin on Lake Winnepesaukah, NH. Heavenly...


Rachel :) 

In Philly with my boy Tommy and his roommate Brian.  
Tom is an amazing chef - some fresh tuna here

My brother Big AL - an inspiration to insanity
I like to setup the canvasses in the art store before painting.  
Then I always put then canvasses on the wall to see how they fit together in the space. 

Then I paint the sides black for a nice framing effect


The beginning... 


After finishing the first two paintings of the set, I took a bike ride with Brian. Was a perfect night and a great ride through Philly.  
On the bike ride



Painting on the second day
And it grows...
The idea of the painting is to go from nice and orderly into a chaotic style of painting. These blues matched the cabinet next to them in the room

This is where it "dissolves into chaos", which is the title of the piece 
The final piece - Dissolve Into Chaos








Tommy owns and runs a spice company, so I actually put a bunch of his spice (St Lucifer) on this piece of the painting. First time I've ever done that!











Happy Artist :) 
My brother Vern - in Annapolis, MD
Vern has three kids - this is Claire (3.5 yrs old). She's hilarious!

And this is Tommy - Claire's twin brother. Also comedy :)

Funny dinner time the first night :)
My new hairstyle?
And this is Leah - Vern's oldest at 5.5 yrs old. She's funny and just such a sweet girl. 
We all went kayaking yesterday on the Chesapeake Bay. So fun!! BTW that's Vern's wife, Keely - great woman and fantastic mom. 
Vern and Tommy!


Vern made quesadilla's for dinner the first night :)  
Sunset on the Chesapeake Bay last night...
The three kids playing in the lower right of this pic. Love this one. 




Tommy just before I left today to go to Vern's work. Too cute...


No comments:

Post a Comment