Friday, August 1, 2014

Almost got away...

Headed out of Burlington and on my way to White River Junction, which is a cute little town a few hours south in Vermont. Unfortunately I wasn't terribly impressed, so I drove a bit more and found a part of the White River where I could swim for a bit. Drove through a couple covered bridges, which I've only seen in movies previously, and found a back road along the river. Parked the car and jumped into the river. Icy cold but felt amazing!! Rolling hills and mountains in the background as I'm swimming, and then I see a few kids doing a rope swing a ways down. I had to get involved, so I swim that way and climb up and then take my turn. What a rush! Landed without any problems and did it one more time before swimming back up river and jumping in my car. I then visited the towns of Quechee and Woodstock - both adorable spots. Grabbed some dinner at a local spot in Woodstock and then decided that it was going to be too wet and rainy to camp out this night, so I headed back to my cousins place. Nice to roll back into a nice home and crash for the night.

Last breakfast with the fam :)
Dan helped me re-organize the car so now I can easily sleep inside! 
Too tempting to take this pic with the background... 

The "check tire pressure" light is now on in my car, but all the tire pressure is good. Hmmmm
Covered bridges in VT
Very cool looking art gallery in Woodstock, VT 
Woodstock, VT
Woodstock, VT

No comments:

Post a Comment