Tuesday, August 12, 2014

GoGo Time in Silver Spring, MD

I left Vern's place in the morning on Sunday and drove up to say hi to my oldest sister, Taty, at her home in West Friendship, MD. She lives in this very cool old barn which is converted into a home, and I hung with her and her boyfriend, and a few others who were there when I arrived. Good times. Always a ton of laughs with Taty. Recently Taty lost her job so she's exploring new opportunities, so I'm very excited and anxious to see where she ends up. She's extremely smart, so I'm not worried about her - more excited. After hanging out for a few hours, I then headed to Silver Spring, MD, which is about 30 minutes away from Taty's place. My friend Gozie lives there with his wife Veronica. They got married about three years ago, and both work as lawyers in the DC area. I met Gozie, or GoGo as some people call him, when we were freshman in high school. We both then went to college together, so I've spent many years with GoGo in my life. He is an extremely kind, smart, confident, caring, and loyal friend. Within the last year, Gozie and his wife Veronica, who is equally as amazing, bought a beautiful house. I was blown away when I showed up. Wow. So proud of my friend. Of course Veronica decorated most of the house, but she really did a tasteful job. We hung out and talked for a bit and then headed out to a nice lunch. More conversation. More laughs. We spoke about life, travels, children, and the next phases of our lives. I'm excited to see Gozie and Veronica as parents - know they will be amazing. We watched a movie in the afternoon and then ordered some papusas for dinner. I hadn't heard about this dish, which we got at a Mexican restaurant nearby. Ironic to think I've been all over South America and much of Europe and I hadn't even heard about these papusas. Ha. Anyway, it was a fantastic dinner and I opened up to Gozie a bit about my father and how we haven't been talking for over a year now. Not an easy subject for me to discuss, but it was good to get Gozie's insight and advice. I took everything he said to heart, as I always do. There's few people who I respect more than Gozie.

The next morning I woke up and did a painting for Gozie and Veronica- pics below. I hope they enjoy it! After doing my painting I locked up the house and drove back to Taty's to hang out for a bit. I had a painting with me that I knew Taty would love, so I gave it to her and we hung it up in her room (pic below). I love making Taty happy. She's so great and she deserves to be happy. After discussing it with Taty for some time, I decide to go past my dad's farm and say hello before heading south. Again, not the easiest thing for me to do, but I'll elaborate in the next post. 

Painting I did for Gozie and Veronica. Titled "Make an Impact"



Taty and I on her porch
Taty with her new painting - Twelve 12. There are 12 circles which symbolize each month of the year, and the painting itself symbolizes the park and the sunshine. I was SO happy how it turned out in her room!!

1 comment:

  1. I love how you left the circles white. Great overall composition

    ReplyDelete