Friday, August 1, 2014

Boston Family Time

Today (Friday) in Boston was uber chill. I stayed at Marisa's place and wrote a bunch and hung some of my older paintings in Marisa's dining room. Around 5:30pm I jumped on the subway and headed to my friend Brian Edlow's apartment. Brian went to college with me but we didn't know each other very well at that time. We really became close when we both lived in SF those first years out of school. We were both playing music and having a blast. Great memories and a good time that we both cherish forever. Since SF Brian has found an amazing wife named Andrea, and they are both now big time doctors at Tufts and UMass respectively. Oh, and they were #1 and #2 in their med school class at UPenn as well. You'd never imagine that these two were such alphas by the way they are with you when you're in their presence. Their gentleness and kindness is warm and comforting, and I always feel like I'm with family when I'm with them. Also, they just had a baby 9 months ago named Joshua, who couldn't be cuter! We played music and laughed with him before he went to bed. I gave him a painting as well, so I hope some day he'll appreciate it (and not try to eat it). We went out to a fantastic dinner just now and the conversation roamed from my travels to love to family to settling down to farming to music to art. Can't describe how much I love talking with these two. Not only because they are incredibly smart and kind, but because they are such a beautiful team - their interactions with one another are fun to watch. Brian and Andrea are one of my biggest role models for the type of marriage and partnership I want in my life in the future. It's inspiring to be around them, and I hope they realize how great they truly are. About to pass out now and then get up early and head up to Lake Winnepesaukah in New Hampshire. Yes I'm backtracking but figured why not - some friends have a fancy lake house up there so I want to hang and just have some fun on the lake for the day. Might come back to Boston tomorrow night to hang again with Brian and Andrea. Either way, going to be a BUSY day :) 


Brian, Andrea, and their boy Joshua




LOVE their apartment
Brian walked me through what he's working on lately, which includes helping people who are in a coma. Absolutely brilliant and great work. Proud of my boy. 
My paintings hung in Marisa's apt :)

No comments:

Post a Comment