Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Charleston, SC

Drove back to Chralotte on Friday and laid low before making my way to Charleston, which is absolutely adorable. Got to town and dropped by my AirBnB spot before driving downtown and getting on my bike to ride around. Actually, first I grabbed lunch at this phenomenal spot called Persimmon - unreal. Best part about this spot is that it's located in a laundry mat. Classic. Very nice people and they gave me a few free snacks and drink refills as a welcome-to-South-Carolina gesture. So then I rode around and got lost in Charleston, which is a fantastically adorable little town. Nice people. Plenty of beautiful old southern mansions. And of course, tons of great spots to eat. My friend Piper, from SF, recommended that I check out this bar that used to be a church, so I headed that way at the end of yesterday and had a drink. The place is called Mad River - check it out here. Cool spot, but it was Monday so it was very dead. I rode a bunch more and saw as much of the waterfront as I could before heading back to my new apartment to hang out before falling asleep. There were some great thunderstorms last night, which actually killed the power here in this apartment. My host here, Mindy, is incredibly nice and adorable. She's been renting out one of her rooms on AirBnB for only a few months, but she said it's been paying for her rent so she's going to stick with it. She's 26 and works for a startup here in Charleston. She has a great southern accent and a pit bull she rescued. We talked a lot about AirBnB, work, travel, and music. It was nice to be in the home of someone so sweet and kind, and to have a nice conversation with her. When the storm knocked the power out we lit a bunch of candles and continued our conversation until around 10:30pm, when we both called it a night. I'm up now in Charleston and about to head to Hilton Head Island to ride my bike and then play some golf this afternoon. Tonight I'm possibly staying with my friend Tony who lives in Hilton Head. Tony's hilarious so I'm excited to see him. 

Seen in Charlotte



Bridge into Charleston


Sunburnt - a painting a did in Charlotte
Amazing chicken curry sandwich I had in Charleston
Houses seen in Charleston on my bike rides






Mad River bar in Charleston - used to be a church


No comments:

Post a Comment