Thursday, August 7, 2014

Lake Winnepesaukah, New Hampshire

I woke up around 6am on Saturday and was feeling fantastic. There was a bit of drizzle in Boston but I figured I still needed to go up to my friend Rachel's cabin in New Hampshire. I worked with Rachel for years and she's always been a positive, fun, smart, and great person to be around. Truly inspiring. So I get on the road around 7am and arrive up at her lake house on Lake Winnepesaukah around 9am. I pull up to this house and wow it blows me away. Classic wood paneling. Nice circle driveway. Beautiful old trees lining the property. 4-5 cars in the driveway. I get to the house and everyone is asleep. Every year Rachel invites anywhere from 5-20 people up for a weekend of fun and hanging out. This year there's about 12 people - all very nice. They make a huge breakfast and I sit and meet people and just hang out. Rachel is dating a fantastic guy named Dimetre from Brooklyn, and he has a few of his friends up to the lake house as well. All good people. We play frisbee, swim in the lake, laugh, talk about travels and about NYC vs SF vs Chicago living, and just enjoy the day. I go kayaking with one of the guys and as we're out paddling the sun comes out and the day goes from nice to amazing in a matter of seconds. I feel so blessed. Blessed to be in this setting with these people. Blessed to be so lucky to enjoy such beauty. Blessed to be alive. I hang with everyone for most of the day, but then around 5pm I drive back to Boston for a very nice Indian food dinner with my friends Brian and his wife Andrea (from the night before). Once again we have deep conversations about what it means to be happy, career vs passion, traveling, and music. So invigorating to be around such close friends, who also happen to have great insights into life. I end the night relatively early and go back to Marisa's apt in Boston to sleep. Unfortunately Marisa is in Cape Cod, so I don't get to see her, but it's nice to be back in a happy home for the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment